Monday, February 8, 2010

Progress!


I feel good. Hmm, nice change of pace. For the last 3 or 4 days I've been careful about what I eat. I haven't been feeling deprived because I've been choosing good food, but not junk food. I think maybe I can gain some control over the way I've been living. I know I won't be in control everyday, but if I keep going I'll get there, right?

I've been successful at two challenges too! I've been drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day and getting up by 7:00 everyday, except weekends. I do reserve the right to sleep in occasionally! Oh! And I guess I've been doing a pretty good job of getting a high quality breakfast in my belly most mornings.

Hope. I think that's what I'm feeling.

I know that I'll have setbacks. This post is my reminder to myself to not give up. I don't have to do everything perfectly or fail utterly. I can stumble and get back up and start over and just keep going.

6 comments:

  1. Setbacks are ok. It gives you the opportunity to check if what you do is right for you and pick it up again. Picking up - that is it. Counting the blessings and worry if someone doesnt work everyday. For many years I was beating myself up for not being consistent in doing exercises, yoga, health food and so on. Now I check every morning how I feel and what I am up too and decide on the spot if it will be QiGung, exercising otr whatever floats my boat. Ever since I ma much better in keeping up with water intake, health food, and QiGung. I adjusted to my personal need and NOT to the pressure I tend to put upon myself. Happy that it works so well for you currently and you found hope again. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are on a great path. Be careful of the mental constructs that you have about that you will falter and slip back. We do what we think we will do. Think of it this way if you were trying to kick heroin would you say to yourself that you expect that on occasion you will slip back, would you allow that thought? The same thing can apply to any changes we truly desire to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, you have a good point. I also have to be careful because I tend to believe that if I don't do something perfectly I shouldn't do it at all. (I believe that in some weird place, not my head. In my head, I know that's silly. lol) So I guess I'm telling myself that not every day is going to be a perfect day, but that's not a good reason to give up.

    Maybe what I need to tell myself is that I will be in the process of learning to make better choices for the rest of my life, and that setbacks, as Paula said, aren't failures, just opportunities to learn some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth, passing by to show some laugh - hoping you are doping ok. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obviously I meant sharing some love - sorry sometimes my "Denglish" gets the better of me. How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny, Paula, because I totally read it as "love" and didn't even know you'd written "laugh" till just now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete