Monday, February 1, 2010

Goals


The water drinking, breakfast eating, exercising, challenge is still underway, going okay but not great. I'm doing better, drinking more water and eating breakfast about half of the time. The exercise isn't happening.

The get up at 7:00 am challenge is going well. I've been forcing myself to get out of bed, and I'm sleeping better, but my days are aimless, lacking direction. I don't even have a reason to get dressed most days, so I don't. I'm going to try something new to fix that.

I have a notebook, and every night before bed I'm going to write down one goal for the day in four different areas of my life: personal, house, health, and work. I will have to keep the goals small for now. Really small. For example, tomorrow's goal for my house will be something like "do a load of laundry," and a personal goal might be something like, "call a friend."

I need to start building some sort of structure into the rubble my days have become.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are doing great. I wouldnt expect that all areas work well straight away. Getting up at a set time is a great start, doing some things which u havent done before if great too. Yepp, I agree the steps have to be very small. Small stones makea big milestone. Not having a structure during day is quite a challenge in itself. Might increase depression. I would take on a class or help at the animal shelter, something like that. Thinking of you. You go girl. Hugs across the pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Paula...you're doing great. One day at a time....little steps....Stay strong. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. I have been feeling the same. Got out of bed today. Cleaned the kitchen yesterday. Small, but positive steps in this overwhelming feeling...

    ReplyDelete