Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Step at a Time


I'm not doing so great with this challenge, even though I made a pretty little chart on paper and everything. I'm a little baffled as to why I seem determined to rebel and ignore the simplest things that would make such a difference in how I feel. I'm going to continue to work on it. The fact that I have promised a friend that I would do this with her helps because I'm not very good at keeping the commitments I make to myself, but I do what I say I'll do for anyone else.

There is good news, though. I have revisited this challenge, and am happy to report that I've gotten up at 7:00 am four days in a row now. That's probably a record for the year. I can't say I've gotten dressed everyday, but getting dressed two out of four days is not bad, right?

This has me wondering, why did I move onto another challenge without first accomplishing the first? I do it all the time. I make a goal, I fail to follow through, then I shrug my shoulders and move onto the next goal. I don't think there is anything wrong with reevaluating a goal and moving on if one's needs and desires have changed, but I have a pattern of not following through and failing to complete projects. Not always, but enough of the time that it's worth pondering.

I'll ponder it later.

Right now, I'll just say that I'm feeling good about getting out of bed everyday, so far, this week, but because I can't help myself, I'm thinking, that's a little pathetic. Oh well, not all of us can build Rome.

2 comments:

  1. This is really insightful. Remember to take the time to listen for the answers to the questions, the answers will come. I went back and looked at your list I really liked that you want to replace negative self talk with self respect. You deserve this. You are enough and just by being you. Be Gentle to you my new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one day at a time and be gentle with you....Sarah

    ReplyDelete