Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas? Not Feelin' It



I'm still working on the water drinking, although I didn't drink as much as I want to drink in a day today. I didn't spend any time on the computer, though, so my plan to piggyback the hydration habit onto another activity broke down. That's okay. I'll be back on the computer tomorrow, and I'll just make a bigger effort to grab some water on my days off.

My challenge for myself this week will be to do some "Christmasing." I've had a difficult time, as many people do this time of year, feeling merry and joyful. I don't feel sad. Just flat. This week I'm making a promise to myself to spend time with loved ones doing the Christmas thing.

In anticipation of the challenge, I invited a couple of close friends over this week to play games and have Christmas cookies and appetizers. I love entertaining, but it's something I haven't done in a long time because the effort involved seems like more than I can handle right now.

I'm feeling happy planning which cookies I'll bake and which snacks I'll serve. My friends are bringing things over too, and these are the kinds of friends that I can invite over without worrying too much about how clean the house is, so it will take an effort to get the house in shape, but I won't have to stress out over trying to make everything perfect.

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog...and want to tell you...you're not alone. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((Beth))))
    Thank you for sharing dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling very flat this year too, and so are a lot of others too - maybe its just this year that things are feeling low for a lot of people this time? Hope your get togther is fun and you get into the christmas feeling a little? have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the concept of this blog Beth.
    It's good to have found you (through Sarah's blog actually).

    I identify hugely with your familiarity with depression and its many faces.
    I very much admire this creative attempt to manage it. Christmas is a particularly hard time because we are all expected to be so merry... and that is really very demanding.

    I like your plan for getting Christmassy and hope that it works, if only a little.

    ReplyDelete