Friday, December 18, 2009

The Water Habit

This week's challenge: Rehydrate!



I'm drinking my water, but it takes a lot of intention and thought. I just don't naturally reach for a glass of water throughout the day. My thirst signals are probably confused, and when I'm thirsty I think I'm hungry or tired.

I'd like to attach the act of drinking water to something in my life that I already do naturally. It's the easiest way I know to incorporate a new habit into my day. As a writer, I'm on the computer constantly, so that seems like a perfect activity to which I can attach water drinking. I'll have to think about it at first, but if I stick to it, soon it will not feel right to sit at the computer unless I have a glass of water sitting on my desk in front of me as well.

I think I'll buy a new water bottle for that very purpose. It will be my new writing companion.

More information on the link between depression and dehydration: Dehydration Also Causes Neurological and Autoimmune Disorders

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Beth for sharing. I only drink water and crushed ice. The ice I can do without, but now it is a habit. Blessings dear one.

    ReplyDelete