Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Unwrapped


Well, I survived another Christmas. I am always stressed out in the days leading up to it because I want to make it special for my family. No matter what I do, it seems like it's not good enough, but then the day comes, and everyone is happy, and I can see that it's not about putting together a Martha Stewart-style grand event. It's about giving a little of yourself to people.

The get together with friends on Wednesday night was fun. I wore myself out cleaning and cooking, something I didn't have to do, but I couldn't help myself. Again, it's hard for me to achieve good enough in my mind. It was really nice to have the house all clean for Christmas Eve and Christmas day, though. Of course, it is completely trashed now, and I don't have the energy to deal with it. I stayed in bed till past noon today because I just couldn't bring myself to face the day.

Ups and downs. Life is full of them even when one is not depressed. I successfully did some Christmasing, as I had challenged myself to do, though, so that is good.

My next challenge will probably have something to do with my weight. Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. Beth, sounds like you had a good Christmas spending time with friends and family. Oh yeah the weight thing. Yep, I hear ya. Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,

    Glad that Christmas was good despite all the worry and the stress that preceeded it.

    I very much understand that feeling that nothing you achieve is quite good enough...
    Have you heard of the 'good enough principle'? !
    You have inspired me to do a post about it at some point.

    I also understand staying in bed til past noon, feeling "unable".
    Very much.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of the good enough principle, but look forward to reading about it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably didn't mean to make me laugh, but you did. So many bloggers have 'survived' Christmas with all its stresses. Not many admit to staying in bed to get over it. Very nice. We can all relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Madison. :-) I love to make people laugh.

    ReplyDelete