Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My First Challenge

When depression hits me almost everything in my life spirals out of control until I wake up and decide something needs to be done. At that point, clawing my way out of the pit I've dug for myself seems an insurmountable task. Even if I did get meds to improve my mood, I'd still have to deal with the overwhelming mess still left.

There is the messy house, the relationships I've neglected, the weight I've gained along with a general frumpy appearance because I haven't bought new clothes or had a hair appointment in, God knows how long. The disarray occurred because I was depressed, or am I depressed because of the disarray? I suppose it doesn't really matter. What matters is I begin to rebuild piece by piece whether I feel like it or not.

I'm going to start with my body because without the energy to tackle life I'm sunk. So, my first challenge for myself is to hydrate my body. Currently I drink coffee in the morning, and not much else for the rest of the day. This week I'm going to work on getting enough water each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment